Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR MONARCH REMOVALS.
GOODS THAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FOR REMOVAL
1. We will happily remove most items that you may wish to submit for removal. However, we are, subject to clauses 2-4 below, unable in the normal course of business to accept any of the following types of items:
(a) Any living thing, including any animals, birds, fish and plants;
(b) Any goods that are likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation;
(c) Any goods that require a special license;
(d) Any goods that require government permission to import or export;
(e) Any food and/or drink that is, or needs to be, refrigerated or frozen;
(f) Any drugs;
(g) Any stolen, prohibited or illegal goods;
(h) Any goods that are potentially dangerous, explosive or otherwise liable to cause damage. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, ammunition, paints, aerosols, gas bottles and canisters;
(i) Any jewellery, including trinkets and watches, and precious stones or metals or items made from precious metals or including precious stones;
(j) Any money, securities, financial or legal documents, including but not limited to share certificates and leases;
(k) Any collections of stamps, coins or other similar collectable items.
2. If you intend to submit any such items for removal you must declare this to us in advance of the removal being undertaken. In such circumstances we shall not be obliged to remove the items in question unless we are willing to do so. If we do agree to remove the items in question we shall be entitled to charge extra in respect of the same. If you are not happy with the extra charge levied then you shall be entitled to terminate this contract, before the removal commences.
3. If we do agree to accept such items for removal then we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that occurs due to the special nature or sensitivities of the goods involved. Other than this exclusion we remain liable for other losses as we would under the balance of this contract.
4. If such items are removed by us without our knowledge and written agreement to do so then we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to those items whatsoever including but not limited to that occurring due to the special nature or sensitivities of the goods involved. Furthermore in such circumstances you shall be responsible for any losses, expenses, or other costs incurred by us which are caused by the special nature of the items in question, such as but not limited to clean up costs and damage to other goods.
WHAT WE WILL DO
5. We shall:
(a) Pack the goods, if requested and have agreed to do so;
(b) Remove them at the agreed time and date and deliver to the delivery address;
(c) Unpack them, if requested and have agreed to do so;
We shall at all times care for the goods whilst they are in our custody and control showing all reasonable care in the circumstances. We furthermore will endeavour to act and undertake our obligations at all times in a professional manner.
6. We shall only remove or deliver items into a loft, or similar space if agreed in writing and it is safe, which shall include, but shall not be limited to being adequately lit and floored, and the access to it being safe.
7. We hold insurance, with a specialist insurer, to cover our potential liability to you for loss or damage to your goods or for losses arising from delay up to the level of liability under this contract. The insurance is subject to terms and policy excess. If you would like more detail as to the level of insurance we hold we would be delighted to discuss the level of cover provided with you.
8. The quotation provided is for a fixed/hourly price for the work presented. It is based on our contracting to remove the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
9. Any hourly quotes that are provided will be based on a minimum of 2 hour bookings.
10. The quotation will remain open for a period of 1 month from the date of the quotation. After then it shall be treated as having been automatically withdrawn.
11. Any items that are added after the inventory given at the quotation will effect the fixed/hourly quote that was provided.
12. For the avoidance of doubt the following matters or circumstances have not, unless otherwise agreed, been taken into account or included in the quotation:
(a) The removal not commencing, other than because of our breach, within 1 month of acceptance of the quotation;
(b) The work being undertaken on a public holiday;
(c) Collection or delivery other than from/to the ground or first floor of a property;
(d) Removal of extra goods that have not been shown or made known to us;
(e) Provision of extra services;
(f) Removal of any goods mentioned at clause 6;
(g) Any costs, charges or fees that are incurred, including parking fees and permits, in undertaking any removal;
(h) The properties involved not having proper and/or adequate access. This includes, but is not limited to, not being able to park within 20 metres of the door to the property, the access being unsuitable for our vehicles or the property being inadequate for the free and easy movement of the goods into and within the property.
(i) Changes to our costs due to changes in currency values, taxation or freight charges which are beyond our reasonable control;
(j) The total value of the goods being in excess of £50.
13. If the removal does include any of the matters set out at clause 19, and the quotation was not adjusted to take these into account, then you will pay to us the extra costs and expenses incurred because of the effect of those matters
14. The quotation shall not under any circumstances include a charge for arranging or otherwise procuring insurance over the goods themselves during the removal.
WHAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR. THESE TERMS EXCLUDE AND LIMIT OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILTY TO YOU
15. We shall not be responsible for any claim for loss or damage to the goods or for delay where the total claim amounts to more than a total of £50.
16. Where any item forms part of a pair or set we shall not be liable for more than the value of that particular item, without reference to any special value which such item may have as part of a pair or set.
17. We shall not under any circumstances be responsible or liable for any consequential or indirect losses, including but not limited to loss of profits or lost opportunity.
18. Other than where losses occur because of negligence on our part we will not be liable for losses arising from:
(a) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or coup, act of God, industrial action or other events outside our reasonable control;
(b) Normal wear and tear, ageing, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation;
(c) Incidence of moths, vermin or similar infestation;
(d) Cleaning, repairing or restoring, unless we agreed to do the work;
(e) Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact damage;
(f) Any inherent defect in the goods;
(g) Changes of atmospheric or climatic conditions;
(h) Damage to motor bikes or other motor vehicles unless we have issued a pre-collection condition report;
(i) Damage to any motor bike or other motor vehicle moving under its own power other than during the normal course of loading and unloading.
19. Other than where losses occur because of negligence on our part we will not be liable for:
(a) Loss or damage to the goods that occurs before we have taken possession, custody and control of the goods;
(b) Loss or damage to the goods that occurs after we have delivered or handed over the goods to you or to a party nominated by you;
(c) Loss of goods that have not been packed by us. This includes goods packed in wardrobes, drawers, cases, boxes or other type of container;
(d) Damage to goods that arises from the normal handling of those goods where those goods have not been both packed and unpacked by us. This includes goods packed in wardrobes, drawers, cases, boxes or other type of container regardless of the apparent quality of the packing.
(e) We will not accept liability for goods confiscated, seized or removed by Customs Authorities, or similar bodies and Government Agencies other than in circumstances where such confiscation, seizure or removal occurs due to our negligence.
20. We shall not be responsible or liable if you submit for removal any of the goods listed at clause 1, without our agreement, in accordance with clause 2, Such goods shall be removed entirely at your risk.
21. If we do agree, in accordance with clause 2, to remove any of the goods set out at clause 1 then our liability for loss and damage to them shall be limited as set out in clause 3.
22. No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage or delay or other breach of this contract.
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS & TIME LIMITS FOR CLAIMS
23. In cases where we deliver goods you must notify us of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery. This should be noted on the worksheet or delivery receipt.
24. If we do not deliver then you must notify us of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time when you, or your representative, take possession of the goods. This should be noted on the worksheet or delivery receipt.
IMPORTANT: TIME LIMIT FOR NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS
25. All claims for loss of or damage to goods must be notified to us in writing whether the goods were unpacked or not, within 5 days of delivery of the goods. In a case of loss or non-delivery of all of the goods the claim must be notified within 5 days of the anticipated delivery date, or when you were informed of the loss, whichever is the earlier, In all cases these time limits will apply unless a time extension is requested by you, within the 5 day period, and such extension is agreed by us in writing. We will not unreasonably refuse to grant such an extension of time.
POSTPONEMENT AND CANCELLATION
26. By agreeing to undertake the removal we incur costs in preparing for it and also lose the opportunity to undertake further work that would use the same resources. Because of this we may suffer loss if you cancel this contract or postpone its performance. The amount we will potentially lose will depend on when the cancellation and/or postponement occurs.
27. If you cancel or postpone more than 7 days before the removal date then there shall be no charge payable by you.
28. If you cancel or postpone less than 7 days but more than 2 days before the removal date then you shall pay to us a charge equivalent of 50% of the agreed removal charge. Unless agreed otherwise.
29. If you cancel or postpone 2 days or less before the removal date then you shall pay to us a charge equivalent of 80% of the agreed removal charge. Unless agreed otherwise.
1- We will not dismantle or assemble or unplug white goods such as appliances etc unless if agreed so in writing
2 – We will not take off lightbulbs/lamp shades and curtains/blinds or carpets and slabs, plants or such alike etc unless agreed so in writing
3 – We will not dismantle or assemble garden furniture unless of agreed so on writing
4 – It is the your ( customer ) responsibility to hire a professional to dismantle and assemble garden furniture and for appliances or curtains or lampshades etc
5 – It is your ( customer ) responsibility to hire a professional to dismantle/assemble wardrobes/beds unless we have agreed to do so in writing
6- It is the customers responsibility to make arrangements and pay the charges for the hired professionals.
7 – Our right to sub-contract the work (title)
- We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
- If We sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply.
8- Change the £50 payment for items damages or losses to £50 per item for losses and damages
- if you are not present throughout the collection and delivery of the removal due to the clause 13 ( above for now ) if the items are left behind we are not responsible for going back to collect it.
9 – if any items are left behind during the removal process which you also require moving it is your responsibility to pay the additional costs. Due to the clause 13(14)
10 – Your responsibility
3.1 It will be your responsibility to:
3.1.1 Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and/or storage, against all insurable risks as Our liability is limited under clauses 8.1 and 8.2.
3.1.2 Obtain at Your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
3.1.3 Pay for any parking or meter suspension charges incurred by Us in carrying out the work.
3.1.4 Be present or represented throughout the collection and delivery of the removal.
3.1.5 Where We provide You with inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents You will ensure that they are signed by You or Your authorised representative as confirmation of collection or delivery of the Goods.
3.1.6 Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
3.1.7 Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
3.1.8 Prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
3.1.9 Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
3.1.10 Ensure that all domestic and garden appliances, including but not limited to washing machines, dish washers, hose pipes, petrol lawn mowers are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them;
3.1.11 Provide Us with a correct and up to date contact address and telephone number during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
3.1.12 Arrange appropriate transport, storage or disposal of goods listed in clause 4
3.2 Other than by reason of Our negligence or breach of contract, We will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.